0

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho expresses his desire to stay with The Blues and says that he will be at Chelsea as long as Roman Abramovich wants him there.



 
Jose Mourinho has suggested it will be impossible for him to stay as Chelsea boss for the rest of his career, as he believes the days of managers spending decades at one club are gone.

Mourinho is reported to be close to signing a new contract with the club he has guided to this season's Premier League title, but he suspects he will not have the kind of extended spells at the helm that Sir Alex Ferguson had at Manchester United (26 years) and Arsene Wenger (18) is currently enjoying at Arsenal.

"It is impossible in football, impossible in modern football," Mourinho told reporters when he was asked whether he could see himself staying at Chelsea for a decade and more. "I think it's very, very difficult for that to happen.

"I want to stay here, that is why I say I'm in Mr. Abramovich's [Chelsea owner] hands. He has no pressure. He doesn't need to give me a contract tomorrow, he doesn't need to give me more money.

"He doesn't need to be worried that some club is knocking on my door, he doesn't have to be worried about anything. It's just him. When he wants me, I am staying. When he doesn't want me, I am going. So simple for him, so simple for me.

"I didn't say this when I was at Inter because I didn't want. I didn't stay at Real Madrid because I didn't want. Now I want to stay. This is clear."
Jose Mourinho is in the second season of his second spell as Chelsea manager.
Mourinho's side are set to take on Liverpool in the Premier League on Sunday, with the Chelsea boss insisting he has no additional motivation in games against the Reds, despite many years of often heated battles with the Anfield club.

The Portuguese tactician still laments what he describes as "the ghost goal" that allowed Liverpool to claim a controversial Champions League semi-final win against his Chelsea team back in 2005, when Luis Garcia's effort was allowed by the match officials despite suggestions the ball has not crossed the line.

The animosity between Chelsea and former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez, who later managed at Stamford Bridge, was sparked by his numerous verbal tussles with Mourinho, with the Blues boss acting as party-pooper-in-chief as his side effectively ended Liverpool's dreams of a Premier League title win with a victory at Anfield last April.

Mourinho has dismissed the theory that he gets an extra ounce of satisfaction from beating Liverpool ahead of his latest meeting with the Merseyside giants on Sunday.

"No, not personal. Not at all," Mourinho stated before he reflected on his side's success in halting Liverpool's push towards the Premier League title last season.

"I think people wanted them to win the title because they haven't for a long, long time," he continued. "A giant club like Liverpool has a lot of supporters. It is not a club where the support just comes from Liverpool area.

"It is a national club, a worldwide club so it is normal people want them to win titles. It is normal."
Meanwhile, Mourinho chuckled when he reflected on the plane that flew over Anfield last weekend carrying a banner calling for Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers to be sacked, as he joked he would take down any plane carrying a banner calling for his removal from Chelsea.

"Some guy is spending money on the plane," he added with a chuckle. "If one plane comes to Stamford Bridges comes saying 'Jose Out', I send a drone!"

Post a Comment

 
Top